What defines "Progress"?
While individual results may vary, success is obviously subjective to the Revian user. That being said, there are milestones to look out for on your journey towards new hair growth!
1. Decrease in hair loss. For many, stopping hair loss and keeping the hair you have is the first victory in your hair growth journey. How can you tell? Pay attention to things like less hair in the sink or shower drain. When you run your hands through your hair, are you seeing less hair come out and eventually no hair at all? That is a great way to visually understand that your hair follicles are indeed getting stronger!
2. Thicker and more voluminous hair. By consistently using Revian Red, the release of more Nitric Oxide is creating the landscape for a healthier scalp by increasing blood flow, reducing inflammation, and most importantly, inhibiting the production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). As a result, you can expect to see and feel your hair "thickening". With the hair you have, you may be able to style or brush it in a way that you haven't been able to in years! Again, these are small but important milestones in your hair growth journey that indicate new hair growth is right around the corner.
New Hair Growth
That's what you're here for, right? Scientifically, new hair growth is referred to as Anagen; the active phase of the hair. The cells in the root of the hair are dividing rapidly. A new hair is formed and pushes the club hair (a hair that has stopped growing or is no longer in the anagen phase) up the follicle and eventually out. During this phase, you may see a slight increase in hair loss and that is perfectly fine! That is your body's way of telling you "out with the old, in the with the new!"
Seeing Is Believing
In the Revian App, we highly encourage you to visually track your progress by uploading clear and consistent photos to the provided Photo Journal. We will not use or share your photos. This is YOUR journal.
On the day of your first treatment, we suggest taking photos of any problem areas you wish to address. Every 30 days (or more frequently if you like), you'll want to take the same photos again. Then again, and again, and again. Over time, you will have a visual timeline of your progress while using the Revian Red Hair Growth System.
Tips for taking the perfect Before & After Photos
1. If possible, ask a friend or family member to be your photographer using your smart phone's camera. If that's not an option, most modern-day smartphones have a selfie option. It may take a few tries to get it right!
2. Make sure you take your photos in a room with proper and ample lighting. Avoid areas that may cast a shadow on your photos.
3. Try to find a plain background setting void of patterns or distractions. You'll want to use this background each and every time you are ready to take more photos.
4. It may be difficult to replicate the exact, same distance between your scalp and phone camera each and every time, and that's not a problem. On most iPhone and Android devices, you can simply edit/crop your photo to make it as similar to the first "Before" pictures you took on Day 1.
Best of luck on this journey! We are here for you every step of the way.
If you are having success with Revian and want to share your Before & Afters with us, we do offer a generous reward for any photo submissions!